Saturday, November 24, 2007

I'm Back

Apparently all I needed to do was write a post detailing all my self-pitying feelings - I went into labor early on the morning of November 8th. Cha-Cha came into the world at 8:21 pm, Thursday, November 8th. He weighed 8 lbs 9 oz and was 21 inches long. And much to my delighted surprise, he managed to enter the world in the usual way instead of requiring surgery on my part.

I've attempted to sit down and blog at least a dozen times, and the only reason I'm managing now is because I've resigned myself to typing with 1 hand. I'd love to share more details of my successful VBAC, but that is too long a story for one handed typing. All of which is starting to sound much more sexual than intended...

I will say that recovery from vaginal birth is hundreds of times easier than recovery from being sectioned. I know there are strong opinions on the many sides of this issue, and I will refrain from getting involved in that discussion for now, but I do know for sure that there is no comparison between the recoveries.

Also, being drugged for depression before being post partum? Highly recommended for those who need it. Moments of hopelessness - usually revolving around Cha-Cha nursing for what feels like hours - but no yawning abyss of despair. Perhaps not being full of morphine and vicodin helps as well?

I even started walking again yesterday! Not too long or fast, but it's a start. One I probably could have started a week ago. And speaking of those moments of hopelessness, I always forget how healing fresh air, sunshine, and exercise can be. Especially cool, crisp, autumn (finally dammit) air.

No comments: