Sunday, December 9, 2007

My New Identity

When it comes to my preschooler, I've turned into Snappy McBitchy. Every time I hear his voice ringing through the house with, "Momma?" it's like fingernails on a chalkboard.

I've spent some time feeling very gulity about not giving him enough attention, but then I realized that he's getting more attention than usual. Monkey Man and I both are going out of our way to spend alone time with Quake, but he's suddenly turned into a bottomless pit of need. I know it's because of the baby. I know it's because he feels threatened and wants us all to himself. Knowing that makes it no less annoying.

And using my very best whine, "It's hard to be this tired and be nice too!" Yeah, yeah, life's hard; suck it up.

At least he's growing up in a house that will be supportive of his therapy.

No comments: