Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A January Muddle

Ack! Once again, things are happening like crazy, and I disappear from around here. I think it's all the ADD/Scanner thing - I can't prioritize the massive amount of stuff in my head and my life. In the last 9 days, I have written drafts for 6 posts (and I mean for realz, not just in my head!). But editing and cleaning up and actually posting? Not so much. Obviously.

So...maybe a little summary will smooth things over.

1. I am considering going "public" with this blog. This fills me with anxiety because I dread being judged harshly, bullied child that I was. And also because I've said some snarky things about people I love, which means I will need to clean up and possibly delete some posts (oh, look! more to-dos requiring prioritization!).

2. I signed up to take Cathy Zielske's Big Picture Scrapbooking class, Move More Eat Well 2012. I have managed to watch the first video and read the materials. And...yeah, that's it. The process is apparently requiring much internal work that I would rather - oh, look! Pinterest!

3. Over the holidays we got stuck in Yuma. If that sounds like a Stephen King novel just begging for a miniseries, it's because it was. It's a funny story, and I'd really like to share it with you.

4. I may or may not have given up on choosing a Word of the Year. Have no clue what I'm talking about? Then you obviously don't read as many blogs as I do! Check out the concept with Susannah Conway, Ali Edwards, or Christine Kane. Just imagine me - who can't pick a topic for a blog post, picking a single word to help shape an entire year, and I think you'll understand what the problem is.

5. I'm turning back the clock to 1996 and revisiting the very first self-help book I bought, The 10 Natural Laws of Successful Time and Life Management, on the recommendation of my very first therapist. Oh yes, I was a Franklin Groupie - have planner, will travel (those were the days before it was FranklinCovey). Those of you familiar with this sort of thing may have been tipped off by my use of the word 'prioritize' in today's 2nd sentence.

So all of that's been burbling around in my head while also dealing with maintenance appointments, massive amounts of laundry, a sick and/or bored 4 year old, Monkey Man going off to China 4 days after we got back from our holiday in Arizona, and the pillows worth of dog hair that's piling up in every corner of the house. And let's not forget taking down the Christmas decorations, trying to finish my craft project, Pinterest, and oh-my-gods-I-totally-need-a-nap-before-I-have-a-panic-attack!

How's your January going?


No comments: