Thursday, March 15, 2007

Attack of the Killer Scorpions!


More excitement at our house today! We had one of these lovely buggers on the tile between the living room and kitchen this afternoon. We've had a few scorpions in the house in the past year, but this one was a little different. This one stung my toddler! (And by "this one" I don't mean the actual photo - that was taken from an educational website - because despite the fleeting thought of taking his/her picture for posterity, I opted instead to beat it to a mushy insecty pulp while screaming at it, "That will show you to mess with my baby!")
Since Q has not gotten frothy at the mouth, or started twitching, or grown a huge swollen patch on his foot, I'm assuming our scorpion was a stripe tail and not the much more dangerous bark scorpion. I now know that stripe tails have, well, stripes. On their tails. And bigger, more lobster like pinchers. Unfortunately I didn't bother to look that closely at the evil thing. A picture might have been helpful, but seeing as I can't even tell the difference between the two when their photos are side by side on a website, maybe not so much.

No comments: