Monday, July 30, 2007

I Don't Really Like You Either

My in-laws visited over the weekend. Which is great, really. I love having people at the house, and it's even better when those people want to whisk away the toddler for hours at a time. But...

The toddler didn't have a nap for two days.

The kid's a high energy spazz so it doesn't seem to be a big problem. Until Mommy tries to put him down for a nap today. Much weeping, screaming, and gnashing of the teeth. From both of us. But my favorite part?

"You don't love me anymore!"

Wow. That's a new one. I guess since the standard, "I don't like you anymore," was still failing to get the response he was hoping for, he was forced to bring out the big guns.

I wonder how old he'll be before he realizes that despite my reassurances to the contrary, I'm not a big fan of the screaming, snotty monster who refuses to nap. If my life is any indication he'll be about 35.

And to those of you who think maybe he didn't really need the nap...he slept for almost 3 hours. No, he wasn't tired at all!

No comments: