Thursday, August 23, 2007

Call Me Mr. Ed

If I were a horse, someone would shoot me.

The pain in my hips flared to a solid 9 yesterday. I'll be heading back to the chiropractor tomorrow morning. If that doesn't help, I may have to take to my bed for the duration. At least it's raining again this afternoon.

On a happy note, Quake started preschool yesterday!

Some of the other parents had been chatting at the open house on Tuesday about how hard it was going to be watching their babies start school. I decided I must be some sort of evil mom because I was delighted! Well it turned out to be more emotional than I'd thought it would be. I skipped, well waddled slowly while grinding my teeth, to the car and then realized that I had no idea what to do with myself for the next 2.5 hours.

According to the teacher, Quake cried a little at the beginning (I'm assuming he started as soon as he turned around and realized I was gone) but once that was over, had a great time. He told me he liked it and wants to go back. I guess we'll see on Monday. How heartbroken will I be if he decides to pitch a fit on Monday when I leave? This parenting thing gets more complicated all the time.

No comments: