Monday, August 6, 2007

Free To Do What I Want

What a crazy weather day. It's supposed to get to 82, but since it's already after 3 I don't think we'll break the current 77. It's August. In Tucson. It's been raining all day. After the boy and I got home from errands this morning, I made hot chocolate. It has been a blissful break from the heat.

This weekend I got a different kind of break. I went to Phoenix Friday evening. Alone. A whole different kind of bliss. Not only did I get away from the toddler for 24 hours, I got to spend those hours in the company of funny, creative, intelligent people.

You forget what it's like to have conversations that aren't interrupted by, "Mom!" every few minutes. I ate without the need to share. I sat down for incredibly long stretches of time. I used foul language with abandon. I stayed up way past my bed time. I never once worried about anyone else's bathroom breaks.

And when my 24 hours was over, I realized why I'm so damn tired all the time. My toddler is the Tazmanian Devil. Only 2 weeks and 2 days until preschool. Only 2 weeks and 2 days...

No comments: