Saturday, August 18, 2007

I Love My Chiropractor

So this week started out really awful.

As I mentioned in Tuesday's post, the pain in my hips had continued to escalate. I'm pretty grumpy anyway, and pregnancy doesn't do much for my mood. Add chronic and intense pain, and even I don't want to spend time with me.

Then I went to the chiropractor again.

I would offer him my undying love if he weren't already married to a beautiful and amazing woman who is currently about to have her own child. Seriously, she's 42 weeks today. The series of adjustments he did on Wednesday made it possible for me to walk without grinding my teeth! It also made me so tired that I went to bed at 7:30. After my 2 hour nap. And only because I was embarrassed to go to bed earlier.

I went back on Thursday because I couldn't get enough of Dr. Magic. Although when he used this little hammer thingy to make an adjustment on my pubic bone, he became not-my-new-best-friend for a few moments. Pain...almost gone. I was supposed to go again yesterday, but I had tons of errands to run and somehow the time just got away from me. After all the walking I did Thursday and yesterday, the pain is flaring again, but it's still at a 4 compared to Wednesday's 8 (on a scale of 1 to 10). Woo-hoo!

At the moment we are all eagerly awaiting the arrival of Q's preschool teacher. She likes to do a home visit with every student before school starts so the children meet her on their turf and can tell her all about their favorite things. I think that's so great. It makes me feel really confident in my choice of preschool.

And yet...I can't help feeling like she's going to be looking through our cabinets and fridge and books and well, everything, and then telling us what awful parents we are and what we should be doing differently. I know it's irrational. Can I blame it on pregnancy hormones? Could the fact that she's a preschool teacher and has a much better education than me (hello, masters from Harvard?) have anything to do with it?

Oh yeah. And I managed to pick up a cold. Because the vague discomforts (and some not so vague) of pregnancy apparently aren't making me miserable enough. Bah.

No comments: