Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Tummy Tuesday - 27 Weeks

13 weeks to go!
Weight gain: 13 pounds
Tummy girth: 43 inches (right at belly button)

I have to admit to being terrified of getting on the scale this morning. By all physical indications I had yet again managed to pile on a few extra pounds. My hip pain has become unbearable at times, my maternity shirts are starting to get snug, and I managed to eat almost an entire cherry pie by myself this weekend.

I've lost 2 pounds.

Perhaps that has something to do with the ever decreasing abdominal space left over for my stomach? At this rate, in the next few weeks I'll only be able to eat a few bites at a time. It might also be reflective of my mood; chronic pain is not a happy place to be. But it does make me more likely to continue sitting on the couch rather than get up to get (yet another) piece of pie.

My mind is also starting to fill with all sorts of doubts about my ability to birth this baby naturally. I didn't have many doubts last time; I really believed in my body's ability to do the job. That didn't work out so well. So now I'm wondering if I'm not completely insane for even attempting this. It would be so much easier to just schedule a c-section.

Fear and chronic pain are nibbling away at my ability to think rationally. I think I'll go bake a loaf of bread (cooking seems to be my favorite nesting activity, which will seem truly bizarre to most of you). I'm sure I'll fee better after eating slices of warm, fresh bread covered in butter.

No comments: