Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Tummy Tuesday - 28 Weeks

12 weeks to go!
Weight gain: 14 pounds
Tummy girth: 44 inches (right at belly button)

Definitely coming into the home stretch. I have my glucose tolerance test on Thursday - not looking forward to it, but I suppose it has to be done. Still fighting some pain in my hips with the help of another chiropractor. Can you believe Dr. Magic has abandoned me so he can be home with his family while they welcome their newest member? Jeez, the nerve.

The cold made me utterly miserable all weekend, but I'm feeling much better now. Just mostly dead, not totally dead.

I still think I may be spiralling downward in a psychological sense. The only two emotions I seem able to feel at the moment are 1) a bizarrely disconnected sense of hopelessness, and 2) rage. Now of course is exactly when the more cautious mother would be weaning off her antidepressants in order to avoid any withdrawal symptoms in the baby. And I get to contemplate the pros and cons of upping my dose! While in an already compromised mental state!

I'm going to wait until my next midwife appointment (next Monday) to make any decisions. My cold should be over by then so hopefully just not being utterly drained physically will help me feel better emotionally. And if not...well what is motherhood without a few extra doses of guilt?

No comments: