Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Tummy Tuesday - 26 Weeks

14 weeks to go!
Weight gain: 15 pounds
Tummy girth: 43 inches (right at belly button)

So it seems that I can watch my diet carefully and put on obscene amounts of weight (another 4 pounds in 1 week!) or I can eat whatever the hell I want and put on obscene amounts of weight. Hmmmm, that's a tough one.

Sleeping well is becoming some sort of distantly remembered thing. I know I used to do it, but I can't quite remember what it felt like.

The worst part is that I'm watching myself become one of those hollow-eyed moms. I know you've seen them at the mall or the grocery store or maybe even the park. Their kid is running around, full of energy, chattering away, but instead of interacting, this mom stares off into the middle distance, looking as if she's fantasizing about getting her teeth cleaned. Because that would be worlds better than being anywhere near the child.

When I start making noises about wanting a third child, someone, anyone, please point me back to these pages...

2 comments:

Kristin said...

I'm so envious of women like you who hardly gain a thing while pregnant! You shouldn't complain -- I gained 70 pounds with my last baby. During the last trimester, my husband would scream any time he saw me naked.

By the way, I just highlighted your story in my latest post. I thought the point you made was so great and has the potential to help others facing the same decision.

Best,
Kristin
http://ppdsurvivor.blogspot.com

Kristin said...

Ooh no -- gorgeous is absolutely not the word I'd use to describe me when pregnant. More like beached whale. I hear you about feeling overwhelmed.... I'm still totally feeling overwhelmed and my baby just turned 6. I just keep learning about this whole motherhood gig as I go..... and I'm very, very thankful for Lexapro.