Monday, February 19, 2007

Feeling Groovy

Starting taking my pills again on Friday night. I slept better than I had in a week. I even had vivid dreams again (is it weird that I use that as my barometer of mental health?). Placebo effect? Don't care. If it is, then I LOVE the placebo effect.

After talking to one of my dearest friends tonight (I hope you realize I could have talked for hours), I got to clean up massive quantities of dog pee. I have a very strange dog. I love her to pieces; she's very sweet and not destructive at all. But she has a few odd little quirks that we suspect are a result of previous abuse.

Most relevant tonight...she won't "ask" to go outside, at least not very loudly. Over the last 11 months we've gotten much better at reading her signals, and this is the first potty accident we've had since before winter. I had a feeling this was coming though. The last few days she's been refusing to go outside. I've had to put her on a leash and walk her into the backyard most mornings lately.

We've been taking her for walks (this doesn't help as she has to be desperate to pee before she'll potty in public; she's never pooed during a walk), and she spent much of the afternoon in the backyard with my hub while he worked on the lawn. I suspect something in the backyard has been moved to someplace she hates. After all, she's lived and walked in this neighborhood for 11 months and is still afraid of the cans on the street on trash day. It's sort of like she's autistic - if anything is different, she freaks.

I've heard that one's pets reflect one's own personality. For those of you who know my cats and now know a bit about my strange dog, this does not bode well for me. I am well on my way to achieving my goal of being the strange lady with all the cats. Except I'll have a dog too. And probably a few other animals just to keep the neighbors really mad.

No comments: