Monday, September 24, 2007

Officially Just a Chaffeur

I lolled about in bed this morning enjoying my cuddle time with preschooler and husband because I assumed the husband would be taking the preschooler to school. He told me yesterday that he'd arranged his schedule to be pretty much 9 - 4 all this week. Apparently in my overwhelming sense of relief and hope I missed him saying, "Except on Monday morning." When I hurried out of bed, cursing the fact that I was now late, he told me I had plenty of time. Because getting Q and myself ready and off to school all by myself for the last two weeks hasn't taught me how much time I need for these activities.

After assuring Q that I would watch him for a few minutes before leaving (he requests this every school morning), I was refused a hug and kiss. Is he really already old enough to not want a display of affection from his momma at school? I thought I had at least another 6 or 7 years! But my heartbreak wasn't over - turns out all my kisses are yucky all the time now. Haven't had a preschooler kiss since lolling in bed this morning...

Took the dog to the vet today. She has some sort of infection in one of her ears that may or may not be related to allergies. When looking up "timid" in the dictionary, you will find a picture of our dog. She is afraid of just about everything. When we walked in the door, she had her tail tucked so far under her butt, she almost couldn't walk. Then she proceeded to shed enough hair to fur a chihuahua. And not one of those tiny ones. At least she doesn't pee when she's terrified - but that's only because she has some sort of OCD thing about not letting anyone see her pee. Or poop. And she'd really rather you pretended you couldn't see her eating, thank you very much.

I guess it all boils down to life returning pretty much to normal around here.

No comments: