Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Tummy Tuesday - 32 Weeks

8 weeks to go!
Weight gain: 18 pounds
Tummy girth: 44 inches (right at belly button)

Whoa, starting to pack on the pounds! I've got that problem where I'm looking for something specific to eat, but I don't know what it is. I end up eating lots of things that aren't quite what I want, and since the craving isn't satisfied, I try something else. Perhaps I should not do so much of that. What could it be that I'm craving?

The Endurance Test is going well although I found out on Sat that it's 13 days, not 12. Monkey Man won't be home until Saturday. Which I can clearly see on my calendar at this very moment, but apparently I wanted to believe he'd be home Friday.

I woke up Sunday anticipating feeling much better because Quake seemed to be feeling better. I was so disappointed at waking up feeling worse that I proceeded to break down completely. But sobbing in anger and frustration and exhaustion seems to propel me to do housework so at least the dishes got done.

I still feel crappy physically, but I've recovered emotionally. What other option is there? Becoming a parent severely limits one's options in more ways than one. I've harbored a lot of anger at my mother over the years because of her frightening ability to always get it all done. I felt I could never live up to the example that she set. And really? I can't. But I am starting to appreciate her attempts to toughen me up; those lessons are finally coming in handy. It also makes me wonder if her lack of warmth is just her sucking it up and powering through. Life never really lets us stop learning, does it?

No comments: